but i am not. nooot even close.
For reasons I will never know, there are SO many things, all over my house, that should be in a box/bag/anything right now. But instead, they are occupying my floor, the living room floor, couches. Thank goodness I have an awesome mother.
In twenty-four hours, I will be gone.
This is such a bittersweet thought to me. Does everyone go through this? Yes, I will be home plenty in the next nine months (never fear, I even have a farewell the second Sunday I'm down there), but it still just
Doesn't feel like it will be the same.
This is the house I have lived in since I was seven.
I have lived in my room since I was ten.
And now I am packing up.
Top Ten Things I Will Most Certainly Miss
[Of course, in no particular order]:
1. Having the little brother right next door.
2. Hearing that same brother beautifully playing his guitar every morning (he is a Beatles fanatic).
3. Meals with the fam- however unorganized and chaotic they were, I will miss the nights we were all eating something different the most.
4. The other little brother helping me with my math.
5. The little sister looking for "her best friend" every time she enters a room (aka our dog).
6. My sweet little puppy.
7. This awesome ward.
8. Of course, my awesome 4 new friends.
9. Showing up at my grandma's house whenever I want to, and eating her delicious leftovers.
10. Mostly though, I will just miss living at home. I'm stoked for this grand journey, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But I have been blessed with the greatest family in the world.
Good thing I don't have to say goodbye till tomorrow.
(although, two of the little sisters informed me they are coming over to say goodbye tonight. my heart.)
2 comments:
We are going to miss you! You're going to love it when you get settled, it's going to be a blast!
We are so excited for you. This new journey in life will be so fun. Don't be a stranger come up and visit all your family. Thank you for all that you have done, you are a good person and we love you.
Post a Comment