Saturday, August 28, 2010

I Am Trying So Hard Not To Be A Lunatic.

But it is not exactly working.

I waited all week to be home.

And now, I have to be honest. I wish I was back down there dearly.

Who would've guessed.

I got home, and it was beautiful to see my family. My dog and my favorite little sister ever were eagerly awaiting my arrival at the front door. It was great.

Life had definitely gone on without me these past 8 days. I caught on to that very quickly. The little brother and I talked for about an hour, about High School life. Look at this. My little goober is a Sophomore in high school. Crazy (he even has a class with Brocklee. Good stuff). We talked for a while before he decided to run off to play with his friends.

So here I was. Quickly learning I had left my life down in Orem. Packing this morning, in fact, felt like I was packing for vacation. I was so scatterbrained it wasn't even funny. I had to do something with myself.

Louis. Of course. Louis. We went to the football game.

Yep, that's right. I went to the high school football game.

They lost.

But I didn't. I was like a celebrity at that game. Every time I turned around someone was coming up to me, asking how college was.

But there was one person I was waiting for.

I had talked to that one person earlier in the week, and we had sorted lots of things out.

I am not sure if it's the one person you might think..

It's the Big Bro. Oh how I missed him. In his fun little MJ Jersey. He thinks he's so cool. But it was okay.

Because he gave me the biggest hug after the game.

And asked how I was.

How is college.

Am I going to come home every weekend.

I'm not.

But it was beautiful. I am now looking forward to staying in touch with him. For years to come.

And. It was just recently his birthday. Wednesday in fact.

We are the same age. Weird.

I love this. But I can't wait to get back down to that wonderful place they call college. Yep.

No comments: