Today was quite the hectic day because I wasn't really sure if I was going to make it home in time for the parade. As crazy as it sounds, I was way bent on it and don't even remember the last time I missed it. There may be 4 floats out of 900 entries, but it's fun and there is no greater joy than helping little kids gather enough candy to sufficiently feed 3,000 people for 17 years. I love it and would not trade anything for it.
But upon arriving home, I hurried and threw some clothes on and then had to go and get Annie, who accompined me on this excellent adventure. I then proceeded to the parade, and then after walked up to my Grandparent's for some crepes. Which I am very angry about, but will fill you in later about that :). I bumped into an old dear friend and talked about how one of their sprinklers was geysering (is that even a word?!!?!?). He informed that he had run over it with the lawn mower. It was still just sticking up and he just chopped the top right off. I found this quite funny. But then again, that's just me. Wow. This certain kid could probably say "Marshmallows are white" and I would laugh hysterically. Kinda sad. I know.
But then this brings me to life. I love life, because it is so crazy and random and of course cute and sweet. Here it is, 2:00 in the afternoon on the Hot Rockin' Fourth and I have not even showered. I hope to make fun party plans :). [I have come the conclusion that I am more than willing to party until the dead of the night, but will be sleeping in my bed regardless]
But I love life. I really do. I love the unexpected surprises that come when you're not even looking. I love summer nights when you don't have a care in the world. (Oh yeah, and if you ever wanted to go play on the Sport Court anymore, yeah, my aunts put a pool up there. Angry). And I love you guys!! Have a good one and cross your fingers for me that I make plans!!
Woo hoo!!
4 comments:
Ya, I will have to agree, parades are the BOMB! I went to the Centerville one but had to leave early for work. I'm happy that you love life so much. This may sound stupid, but I don't think about it that much.....Marshmallows can be black or golden brown too.
!Matt!
Well thanks a ton for informing me of that... ha ha.... I love parades although I'm not sure why!! And yesterday was the most perfect weather EVER for it :).
It did start to rain a tiny bit in the middle of it.
Yep. It sure did.
Post a Comment