Well kids, it's almost here. And before you all jump down my throat, I have to say it. We are OFFICIALLY into the countdown of school. 9 Days.
Where does the summer go? It seems like the older we get, the faster it goes. And I think mostly it's because when you're older, you begin to appreciate things so much more. You realize that some of the best things in your life are the ones that have been there all along. And I know especially for me, it's been hard to realize that next summer will be our last summer as kids. And I will also be gone most of it. So I have put forth an honest effort to make this summer one to remember. And it definitely has.
I guess I love lists. So here is one of my Top Ten Best Things of Summer 2008. Feel free to add any that I miss :).
10. Going to Girls Camp and teaching my friend how to make fire (which she will tell you I did NOT. She's lying.)
9. Hitting apples with tennis rackets (honestly, this ROCKS)
8. Watching Michael Phelps become champion of the WORLD
7. Finding out that one of my greatest friends EVER is moving back, and going to Viewmont
6. Cheering on the BEST baseball team EVER- who just so HAPPEN to have the best record :]. LIGHT UP THE HALO
5. Spending time with family that I haven't seen in a while
4. FINALLY getting Slurpees
3. Watching SportsCenter LIVE
2. Making new, lifelong friends
1. Having one of the BEST summers OF MY LIFE.
Some other highlights could have been: American League winning the All Star Game, having Olympic Marathons, taking pictures, discovering Yogurt Stop, MY NEW PHONE!!, Quad Stake Dances, BOYS :], and really, just having hte time of my life doing things that are crazy random and the next day seem so lame.
I have the most awesome friends ever I'm pretty sure. I can't wait for times to come when we're all old and grown up. And guess what!??! When that happens, and we're all married, we're going to go out to dinner all the time. Friends Forever.
Enjoy the rest of summer. Ha ha I'm going to be working most of it. Oh well. Sweet Dreams. Peace.
2 comments:
Wow, sounds like you had a great summer. I just worked the whole summer away, and I will never do that again. Yogurt Stop? You must show me this place.
!Matt!
Oh, absolutely, we'll go there when school starts :D. Ali was telling me that she went there 4 times last week lol. But it's AMAZING.
You know what, don't get me wrong. I worked A TON. I just found ways to squeeze in all this fun while I was sitting around :].
Post a Comment