Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Growing Up Makes Me Sad Inside..

But just sometimes.

Guess who got his mission call today?! 21. Yep. He is going to serve in the.

Guayaquil Ecuador Mission.

Atta kid. Ps can't say "Guayaquil"?! Yeah, neither can I.

Last night I stumbled across one of my old phones. My favorite phone ever, actually. That phone was good to me, and lasted up until the final months of my senior year, when I was eligible for an upgrade. Upon receiving my new phone, the former got tucked away into a drawer, where I have pulled it out from time to time to find a number I have lost of something like that.

I found it again last night. I turned it on. Inside were hundreds of texts, most of them super sentimental. I also had about 40 messages in my outbox, several to the Bestfriend about going to lunch that day. Floods of memories came back to me, as I read each text in my inbox, and reflected on what was happening at that point in time.

Who knew a phone could take me on such a walk down Memory Lane?

Growing up makes me sad inside. But one day, it is going to be totally worth it.

Congrats Pretzel. Love you too much.

No comments: