Thursday, September 30, 2010

Twenty-Three.


September 30, 1987.

Twenty-three years.

Twenty-three years ago today, two amazing people chose to be sealed here



for Time and All Eternity.

And I'm so very glad they did.


23 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THE PARENTALS.
1. My dad is so sweet to my mom. He would do anything for her. I lovee that after 25+ years, they still hold hands everywhere they go.
2. They are hilarious together.
3. My dad never fails to crack us up. He also thinks he's so cool because he has an iPhone. He once told me that the happiest memory he has of their married lives was the weekend they went to an Angels game AND a Padres game.
4. My mom gives 160% in everything she does.
5. I can watch baseball with my dad anytime. Growing up, he'd tell me to go to bed. But he still had that soft spot.. One more inning easily turned into seven. As long as I didn't talk so my mom couldn't hear us, I could stay up as late as I wanted (:
6. My mom is beautiful. Being told I look like her is a wonderful compliment.
7. My dad likes to laugh at himself.
8. Saturday mornings without the father making hash browns and scrambled eggs are quite unusual.
9. Sunday night cookies as well.
10. My dad can cook scrambled eggs and cookies. And hash browns. We don't trust anyone else with our hashbrowns.
11. No matter how many times "I nearly killed us," my dad successfully taught me how to drive.
12. Jacob (or anyone else, for that matter) is not allowed to drive with my mom. Ever. She stresses everyone out.
13. I once dumped a Keva juice all over the top of my dad's Hond (I washed it off, duh). He managed to wait to go into cardiac arrest until he was in the house.
14. My mom can't lie worth crap. Ab is especially the best at calling out her joking face/voice.
15. Our sweet little puppy, Bella, LOVES my dad. He was so skeptical about getting her. But he is her favorite. Even though he never refers to her as being his dog. Ever.
16. Watching my mom forcing my dad to sing hymns on Sunday is grand. He'll kill me for this, but one time when the Elder's Quorum was singing in Sacrament Meeting, he went up solely for the reason he didn't want to be the only one that didn't go up. He proudly admitted that he just mouthed the words.
17. Our bishop once claimed he would join the ward choir if my dad did. We have caught him all too many times looking down from the stand at our family, seeing who's singing and who's not.
18. Twenty-four years ago my dad joined the church. He is one of the strongest people I know. He honors his priesthood, and is an amazing example in my life. He takes on his job as the head of our household very seriously. I love it.
19. My mom has also taught each one of us to take pride in every single thing we do.
20. Meals with our family are the best. Often we stay talking for hours after. Once a neighbor came over as Jacob, the father and I were discussing what Legos looked like when he was growing up, how outlets worked, and if when he looked in the mirror, whether he was in black or white or not.
21. I have never had to buy my own makeup. Thank goodness for Mary Kay (:
22. My dad carries a picture of my mom (from the 80's, naturally) in his wallet with him at all times. I love it. This may or may not be cliche, but I often sneak a peak at it. It is also her picture when she calls him.
23. They have the most wonderful marriage ever. I hope mine turns out just like theirs (:

Here's to infinity more.

Love you mamala and padre. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.


2 comments:

Mindy said...

Very cute post. I sat by them yesterday at the funeral, they are such a cute couple.

AllisonK said...

What a beautiful post. Happy anniversary to your mom and dad.