Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Would Like To Know What's So Funny.

Here's the thing. I just walked hundreds of miles with a bunch of strangers.

Now those strangers are some of my very best friends.

One of them I have a super big crush on? Weird? Yes. Let me tell you a story.

This time around, I was the Big Sis. It was weird. A boy I had seen all through Junior High and High School was the Big Bro. He is a year younger than me, so I had never really known him, but it was basically inevitable that I soon would.

Once I got to Trek, I realized this in no way was going to be the same as last time. I was actually quite nervous, because I wanted this to be as awesome. When my new Ma and Pa asked me to be the Big Sister, I was even more nervous. I knew a lot would be counted on me to pull this family together.

It took a while, but finally a bunch of us started clicking. Lucky for me, there was four of us, and two of them were very cute, sweet, hilarious boys. We had great fun.

So the Big Brother and I, we were just funny kids. Sarcastic till no end. In fact, both of the boys and I were. But last night, he just kind of shot something at me and I couldn't one up him anymore (like he'd tell me I was a lemon, he was a lime, funny stuff. but not this time). We were walking back from the devotional, and I just slowly walked off. I could hear him yelling my name but kept walking till I couldn't hear him anymore.

I felt bad, honestly. And I can take a joke indeed. I was dishing it out as hard as he was. But sometimes things just go too far. This was one of those times. I went back, and then my darling sister for the week, Kristy, decided she needed to go talk to her friend. This worked out peachy keen because my actual sister was in that family (:

When I got back, everyone decided to tell me that the Big Bro had gone looking for me (I can only imagine, it was pretty dark by now, him just walking around in search of his sister), which kind of made me sick. But I tried not to think about it. I was tired and cold. Kristy and I were ready to sack out for the night.

I was striking up a casual conversation when I saw him coming up to me(I have forgotten why I am telling this story. No one reads this). He basically grabbed me by the arm and said he needed to talk to me.

To make a long story short, we walked off and he totally apologized. It was the most sweetest thing I ever witnessed. He wouldn't even let me talk. He just said we were done talking about it, and gave me the most giant hug. And that was that. We ended up talking all night too. Funny stuff.

So Trek. Crazy and random. But no other place can you form lifelong friendships in just three short days. I miss it already.


The first crush. Good thing he definitely has a girlfriend. And they are awesome.


My new best friend. I've promised to go to "all" of his soccer and basketball games next year (we all know how well that works out)
Excuse the fact I hadn't showered in three days and have magnifying lenses for glasses. I really wanted to like this picture.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'm so happy you had such a good time. It sounds like an amazing experience.