*this may or may not be funny to me, and no one else. i hope that is not the case.*
I have a friend. He's great. We'll call him.. Z. I have known Z.. forever probably. His mom was one of my YW leaders way back when (just kiddin). He has about fifty relatives within five miles (maybe not that many, but enough. they are fun) of him. Oh, and he's half Mexican. Which is great.
This is honestly how a conversation went between us tonight.
S: Let's get married. Can we have a pinata?
Z: Yes. Two, actually.
S: Super. Let's fill it with quesadillas, is that cool?Z: Of course. And guacamole. It's really the only way to go with pinatas.
I kid you not. It all just sort of went downhill from there.
Good 'ol FB once again came to the rescue, and.. I just decided to change my "relationship status" to "engaged". I think I forgot I am a 19 year old girl living in a Singles Ward in Utah Valley.
Within ten minutes I had "chats" popping up left and right, notifications coming out the wazoo. The executive secretary in my ward is one of my good friends, and I might have accidentally fooled him.. I'm sure half my ward and/or the bishop has me on their list of people to send CONGRATS! cards to. Oh boy.
Did I mention this boy is still in High School?? Super.
Did I mention one person that is totally fooled has a little sister that is one of my best friends?? I'm so glad people know me well enough to think that I'd really actually become engaged without even telling anyone I've been dating someone. Wait, what?
Ha.
I'm pretty sure this is only hilarious to me. Blast.
I've never been one of those people that likes to mess with people's mind. Well, not entirely. I have friends that will change their birthday several times a year, just so their "friends" will write on their wall.
And people fall for it. Every time.
I've said the word "people" too many times in this post.
But, in case you were wondering, I'm not engaged. Nor do I plan to be. For a very, very, very, VERY long time.
That's all.

friends like this just make me happy. sorry i am three feet tall.
2 comments:
Can I just say how happy it makes me that in the list of the ones you love I am first. It might just be a coincidence but I sure like to think that you love me most!
-BEEEE
Oh Bee how I love you!! You are totally my favorite (: hahahaha the list changes every time someone updates! But you are the best, don't forget it!
Post a Comment