Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Becoming.

It is not enough for anyone just to go through the motions. The commandments, ordinances, and covenants of the gospel are not a list of deposits required to be made in some heavenly account. The gospel of Jesus Christ is a plan that shows us how to become what our Heavenly Father desires us to become.

(Dallin H. Oaks "The Challenge To Become Oct. 2000 General Conference.)

Tomorrow is Round Two. I feel like I'm gonna do alright. But over the course of the last two days I've been back out on my own, I've thought a lot about what the quote above illustrates so much better. Who can say it better than an Apostle of the Lord.

So often I truly do feel like I am just "going through the motions". I went to the Temple when I was home for the first time in a while, and it was excellent. While I've had a recommend the whole time I've been down there, I've just never been able to find time. Satan truly does find ways to try to stop you from reaching goals. But I went, and it was just what I needed to put things back in perspective. Much of my best thinking is done in the House of the Lord.

Sometimes I bear my testimony all too often on this blog, I feel like. But my testimony is one of the most valuable things I own. My first class tomorrow is Institute, and what a better way to start the semester.

I have so much to be grateful for. Most importantly, I am grateful for my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Some wonderful local Elders stopped by today, they were going around introducing themselves to all of the apartments. They definitely reminded me of all those great wonderfuls who are out there like champs, and all the ones that will be very soon. The grandparents have even jumped on the train, and will be heading out to Albania on February 21.

I am just so very blessed. That's all there is to it and I wouldn't have it any other way. Bring on tomorrow.

No comments: