Thursday, October 14, 2010

You Know What?

Lately I've been fond of reusing pictures. So here is this one.



It's hard to forget this face.

My mom for a while was really troubled of sorts over the fact that I was such good friends with this boy. During the course of our Senior Year, just about every time she saw him, he was dressed in questionable attire.

In the fall, he was recruited as an ever-so-infamous Powder Puff cheerleader (I thought of putting a picture up, but I will spare you).

Just a month and a half later, we ran into him at Festival. It was the Monday after BYU had beat Utah, and.. let's just say this boy bleeds blue through and through. He was decked out. From his Y t-shirt to his Cougar Blue tights.

Yep. Tights. And basketball shorts.

In public. Wore all of this to school.

Of course, in the spring he was the fantastic Rum Tum Tugger. I still have a hard time recognizing him when I see pictures.

It doesn't even end here. Towards the end of the year, Whit Butt showed up at my house one Saturday afternoon for a "study session". We loved these. Any who. She showed up in my house, nothing short of mortified. As she began to explain, I could do nothing but laugh. While she was finishing up her run at the Rec, she noticed some commotion going on in the skating rink. As she saw what she thought was two girls, she quickly came to the realization that it was actually Kyle and our friend Adam. Skating. On just your average Saturday morning. Dressed as fairy princesses.

Tights and all.

Oh Kyle.

But it's okay, it was really only for an assembly.. that doesn't really make it any better, does it?

No matter what this boy is wearing, I've been so lucky to have him as a friend. Through thick and thin, we've always been able to go to each other, for everything and anything.

Everyone needs at least one friend that they know they'll never fall in love with. And as gorgeous as he is, we will never be lovers.

And I'm so glad. His social status is wayyy higher than I would ever be able to handle.

No comments: