But this time it was my turn!!! So now you get to hear all about it. (: Exciting, I know.
Day 1 TUESDAY (Well, okay.. Day 1 was actually Monday. But seeing as I arrived to their house at about 12:30 in the morning, it doesn't really count.)- We, of course, had to have a hair-doing party before heading off to Audge Podge's ever-so lovely choir concert. After, we Red Boxed this great flick.
Day 2 WEDNESDAY- I had this funny idea that I was going to go to Seminary.. oh, early morning. When Sare Bear came in, I was honestly delirious. When I realized that I'd shunned her away after I'd committed to going, I ran out to find her and change my mind, just as she was getting ready to leave. She gave me and big hug and said to go back to bed and we'd try another day (: Later that evening, the lovely cousins dragged me to a suuuuper (; fun "Quatro" de Mayo Party..stake activity deal of sorts. Then we went home. This was also the day that my life was changed forever. Red Mango, need I say more?? (I feel like no pictures were taken on this day).
Day 3 THURSDAY- THE Zoo. Seriously I feel as if this was one of the things I was most excited for. We spent about 3 1/2 hours there, and seriously I feel like we barely made a dent in it. That thing is HUGE. It was suuuper fun though.I would have gone there every day if it were possible. Also this same night, I let something crazy happen. The cousin and I found it necessary to cut each other's hair. Documentation is being made difficult, but let's just say. I have bangs. Bangs. Like the ones I haven't had since I was nine.. It's a good time. Oh, and.. as if this day wasn't exciting enough!! I went to Seminary in the wee hours of the morning!! It was great, I'm sure. I just can't seem to remember any of it (: Just kidding.
Day 4 FRIDAY- You better believe we made those sweatshirts with our own two hands. We interpret "You guys should do a craft." differently than most people do. But, we're obviously okay with it. Audge Podge and Sarey invited some friends over (I had met most of them Tuesday at that great party..) We watched this, this, this, also this, and of course this about a hundred times each. We built a fire, roasted some treats. I also got to hear the aunt and uncle's love story. So great (: We also made another RB run where this time this was watched.
Day 5 SATURDAY- I decided this would be a perfect day to look like a male. But it all turned out alright, because I got sunburnt to a crisp on my arms, the back of my neck, and one random rectangle on my right leg. Don't even ask how I managed that. We watched a rugby game, and even though we sat on the wrong side, our homie's team still managed to win! Go, Omaha!! Well, we're not sure that was their team name. This was also. The night I learned how to play Dutch Blitz!! I'm seriously addicted.
Day 6 SUNDAY- For real. Why is my family so cute?! My heart. After a lovely afternoon at church (and a great talk from the uncle!! The embarrassment was kept to a minimum), we hurried home to make any final preparations for dinner with the Sister Missionaries. Seriously, we felt like we were on Iron Chef or something. Each of us (minus T and Ju) were making food like our pants were on fire. It was for sure worth it in the end, because dinner was tight and the Sisters were the best ever. Also, I'm very proud of the fruit tray Auddy and I prepared.
And yes, we make identical faces. Be jealous. Later, some more Dutch Blitz was played, and we song some hymns. But not at the same time.
Day 7 MONDAY- I went to Seminary. Again. But this time, we went to Auddy's class (which only means he had gone to Sah's last time, duh..)! It was grand. I remembered more of it! Shocker. I also finally dined at Panera. Let's just say, their breakfast was super. Then. We.. went to Missouri to visit Independence, Liberty Jail, the Far West Temple Site, and Adam-Ondi-Ahman. Seriously No words can describe how great it was.
Day 8 TUESDAY- Again, we didn't really take many pictures. Being in Missouri/a car for 14 hours kind of sort of wore us out. But, we did get to visit the Winter Quarters Temple. I remember going to the dedication years ago, in 2001 to be exact, so going to do baptisms there was really special. After, of course we had to visit Red Mango. One final Red Box stop was made. This was our choice, and it was surprisingly great. I may or may not have fallen asleep before the end..
Day 9 WEDNESDAY- All I really did was pack and do some final playing. Tuesday it had been about 100 degrees (with 60-70 percent humidity yay), so you can imagine our surprise when there were Severe Thunderstorm Warnings all afternoon. And Tornado Watch. But I made it home safe and sound.
This was thee greatest trip ever!! It's always good to see fam. But there's definitely no place like home (:
just for fun.











2 comments:
Sounds like so much fun. Scary about the tornado warning though. Glad your home safe!
Dang...that was a long trip! LUCKY!!! I always think my vacations are way too short. Glad you had so much super fun! :)
Post a Comment