Monday, March 22, 2010

Today Is A New Day... Everything Is Gonna Be Alright.



Hardly a minute has gone past in the last four days that I haven't been thinking about this boy. I never knew one boy could have such a huge impact on my life. He means so much to me, we've been such good pals for so long. So many people love him. He's gonna pull through (:

I went over to his house again yesterday. Two days in a row his mom or dad had to introduce me to him. I might go for a third today :(. It is so weird to walk into his house and have him have no idea who I am. He has no idea who he is. What year it is. What Skittles are. They don't even think he can read. His best friend's name is Dallin (Dillon). He truly knows his parents and one of his five siblings. It's so sad. And very messed up.

On Saturday, I went over and it was just him and his dad. I was only there for about fifteen minutes because I was kind of in a hurry. It felt like hours though. It was like talking to a spoon. He literally has no idea who I am. Or any of his other friends. Anyone. He is a stranger in his own life.

But yesterday (Sunday), and spent probably nearly an hour there. Two priests came over and gave him the sacrament (it left me wondering if he really knows what the sacrament is..). His dad went in and showed me all the pictures. Dillon's dad got a picture of right before it happened (another one of his teammates head smacked into Caden's) and everything after. It showed him struggling, before finally collapsing down onto the field, with Lalli and Ron and the whole soccer team around him. As well as their trainer and the paramedics. They strapped him to a stretcher, and he said his neck was feeling tingly, which is a super red flag. They put a neck brace on him and the last picture was the ambulance driving off. Something I never thought I'd see.

Caden's sisters took him up to the Elementary school yesterday to teach him how to play soccer.. He was showing me how he'd kick the ball and stuff...

I swear this stuff only is supposed to happen in the movies. But this is real, and real scary.

We Love You Cado. Hang in there little buddy.

No comments: