Monday, March 1, 2010

An Outcast

I know it. Three posts in three days. Ha ha what can I say. I've got a lot on my mind.



The girl in the middle is a girl I know pretty well. In fact, maybe you could say this girl knows everything about me. That could be pretty spot on. But, would you guess that this girl could possibly be an outcast at her own school? Well guess again. Because she is.

At first, it was strange to this girl. But now she is quite used to it, and even likes it a little bit. She has her own car, resulting in many lunches at home with her mama. She has grown somewhat closer with her familia, as a result of staying home most weekend. There are days she goes straight home after school.

But she kind of likes it. After going to school with the same people for 10+ years, you get over it. There is a reason high school is only three years long.

Okay, so this girl is me. Sorry. And I do have friends. This morning, as I got to school and sat on the Senior Bench with a couple of people, I realized this is where I fit now. There is no use in denying it. High school is almost over, and I have never been so excited.

But, on our traditional walk to fifth period, I realized, that no matter what happens, no matter how mad or angry I want to be, this boy


(it's 21 by the way, and he is not very photogenic. it's contageious)

is always going to be a really great friend. He's no different from the typical boy, but yet he is.

During one of our infamous late-night texting sessions the other night, we decided we have been friends the longest, longer than anyone else we know pretty much. It is fantastic to know how much we've been through this year. He is incredible, and I do quite regret the fact we never had a chance to date.. But. It's life. And it's not like chances are completely shot!! Give it.. 4 years. Ha ha.

(I'm almost done I promise!!)
Soccer tryouts are today. I don't know why, but he always just psyches himself out. He's been on the team freshman, sophomore and junior year, and I have no doubt senior year will be any different. He informed me this morning he is quite ill, and not super looking forward to this afternoon. (tryouts are a bummer as it is) But he's going to do great, and I told him to keep in mind that now that I'm not grounded, I can go to all their games!! But only the Tuesday ones, because I work every Thursday. (Thanks Jan, you just broke a boy's heart (; Ha ha just kidding.) He even tried to convince me to try and get Thursdays off.

So there ya go. Not your typical, average, every day post. But. It's life.

ps- He will probably get a new number. Hopefully not, but probably. So... his name might change. Or I'll probably still call him 21 (: Yeah. I might do that.





Let's make it a good week kids. We got it.

No comments: