Saturday, February 27, 2010

Today!

Today was one of the neatest days of my entire life. Why? Well let me tell ya.

For years, we have had the sweetest neighbor down the street named Rebecca. Over the years, I have learned to love her so much. A couple of summers ago, her niece who is ten days younger than me spent the summer with them, and I sped scads of time over at their house. It was so neat, and I love how loving and fun she is.

Today, I was able to spend some more time around her. At her baptism. It was so great. I woke up this morning and just felt so touched by the spirit. One of her kids who is 12 gave a talk and it was incredible. Just seeing the look on Rebecca's face, it was bright before, but she seriously radiates now.

I think I may remember today better than my own baptism. It was so great, and I know the road was not easy, but she made it. And now she and her family will be forever blessed.

I do know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true and living church on the face of the whole earth. There is no way it couldn't be. My dad is also a convert, and it is amazing to think of everything he also had to do, but it was worth it. My parents were able to be sealed in the temple, and we have the priesthood in our home, along with so many more blessings that we have. There is not a number yet discovered to number the amount I've been blessed.

We talked in Seminary the other day about being truly converted. I think today, I realized, I have been converted.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome that Rebecca got baptized! Sounds like a wonderful day.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Okay...darn Rebekah logged me out and I didn't realize before I left the last comment. It was me, not her... :)

AllisonK said...

It was a truly beautiful day!!!