Saturday, June 9, 2012

Papers Are In.....

Can't even begin to tell you how many things are running through my mind.

Last week marked two years since I graduated high school. Two years. Two. Just 24 months ago, life was SO easy. I didn't even realize it, and I took a lot of things for granted. I have grown up so much over these past two years, and learned more about myself than I ever though possible.

I remember the first time going on a mission really crossed my mind, I was in 8th grade and my grandparents were serving in East Malaysia, so of course missionary work was on my mind a lot. But it wasn't a big deal, I was 14.. I didn't even know what I was going to have for breakfast the next day.

Over the next few years, it came back to me every now and then, but always as a "Fine if I do, fine if I don't." I always had plenty of things I wanted to do, and if a mission worked out, great.

When Elder E. was getting ready to leave (still can't believe he'll be home in just over a month!!! We are not this old.), I remember thinking, just a little, to myself that if I decided to go, I could have a call of my own by the time he got back. But then I forgot all about it for a little while.

About a year and a half passed, it was December of last year, and I was trying to decide what was the next step in my life. I was figuring out school, my job was going great, and the boys I had been so proud of were nearing the final stretch. Life was good. But then the idea of a mission came back. Hard. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I decided I KNEW. But then I got scared. Was I really ready for this? But I knew it was next on my list.

In the months that have passed, more and more things have happened in my life that have made me so much stronger, and I have felt the love of my Heavenly Father more than any other time I can think of. The letters from the boys have helped a lot too. I have the best parents, sibs, extended family, and friends anyone could ever need. I am so excited, and seeing how excited all of them are just fills me with pure happiness. As long as I do what is right, and do my best, I get to be with my family FOREVER. It is one of the greatest blessings in my life, and one I can't wait to get out there and tell others they can have as well!!! Ah life is good.

So there you have it. Sorry for the longest post ever. But the papers are IN. I honestly can't even believe it. I can't wait to find out where I am going, I know without a doubt I'll have the best mission (;

Xoxo

No comments: